Gym Manager Job Description Job Overview:
The Gym Manager will be full time and will oversee all daily operations of North Summit Climbing Gym. We are looking for a self-motivated leader who knows how to help employees grow, anticipate and meet customer needs, and increase overall profitability. The Gym Manager is responsible for managing the staff, events, retail section and overall operations of the gym.
• Overseeing day-to-day operations of the gym
• Work with owners to develop strategies for reaching gym’s strategic goals
• Training, and managing gym staff
• Ensuring that staff follow all safety and security guidelines
• Troubleshooting issues and addressing customer concerns
• Open/close the gym on scheduled days
• Scheduling gym floor and front desk staff shifts
• Supervise staff, including organizing and running staff meetings
• Perform all front end and gym staff functions, as needed
• Oversee front desk operations
• Provide excellent customer service
• Oversee inventory for retail and necessary supplies
• Processing and responding to daily reports of gym business
• Run management reports as scheduled or requested
• Make sure all safety/cleaning/maintenance tasks are done as required
• Report all accident/incidents properly and in a timely manner
• Respond to emergency situations with professionalism
• Other management duties as assigned
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent communication, organization, time-management, and strong analytical skills
• Ability to problem-solve and make decisions
• Ability to supervise, enforce rules and regulations
• Ability to use a customer and reporting database
• Ability to work nights/weekends
• Ability to handle money • Punctual and reliable
• Passed or can pass the Red Cross First Aid course Preferred Skills &
• Associates Degree or relevant experience
• Customer service experience
• Rock climbing experience is helpful
North Summit Climbing Gym is an indoor rock climbing facility located in Wind Gap, Pennsylvania. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a high-performance organization that attracts ACTIVE, OUTGOING, and FUN, loyal team members. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Belayer!
Earn points towards your membership and climbing gear!
Got free time to spare? Want to earn "gym bucks" to get discounts on climbing gear, climbing passes, and memberships up to FREE?!
Well you're in luck cause we always need extra belayers for climbing parties, climbing classes, groups, etc. Requirements are: knowing how to top rope belay and a friendly attitude!
Just leave your name and contact info below and well get in touch with you shortly!